User Engagement & Support Agent
Posted on: Jul 7
Location: Home based, Euro or US time zone
Canonical, the Company behind the Ubuntu operating system and Ubuntu One personal cloud services, is hiring a User Engagement and Support Agent. Within a rapidly changing environment the need to reach faster and smarter than the competition increases in order to satisfy consumer needs. Offering excellent user support in all consumer communication is a critical component in providing a great Ubuntu One experience. The User Engagement and Support Agent reports to the Ubuntu One Marketing Manager and will help plan and implement customer support solutions conducive to company strategy. The ability to think fast, be adaptable, and a desire to always provide customers with a great experience are key. The position demands incorporating technological knowledge with a commitment to educating and supporting users to effectively enhance the overall Ubuntu One user experience.
Maintain a high standard of direct user support for Ubuntu One. Provide Ubuntu One users with timely responses to questions and any issues they have with Ubuntu One products and services. Plan, produce and deliver upon customer support demands, which include but are not limited to:
- User support ticket management is a core part of this role. Daily ticket management and processing targets will be set to ensure swift response and issue resolution
- Ongoing monitoring of user issues and escalate when significant issues arise
Social Media Management
Proactive engagement via direct channels (Twitter, Facebook, customer support etc). Daily maintenance of all community spaces, including the Ubuntu One blog, forums (Ask Ubuntu, IRC etc.) , Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. Be the constant online presence and moderate when needed to ensure a user friendly environment on all community spaces.
FAQ and Help Section
- Ensure all current content is organised in a logical and concise manner
- New FAQ content creation 'How to' guides, tips and hints
- Champion a preventive approach to FAQ planning
- Update content regularly to reflect any changes in products and services
- Ensure relevancy and accuracy in all support email communications, including any common replies and auto responses
- Transactional email maintenance, ensure all pricing and service information and VAT details are presented correctly and that any updates/downtime are planned and communicated to users
- Effectively communicate brand values and tone of voice in all communications, ensuring consistency in core messaging and language
- Support any marketing, conversion and up-sell campaigns utilizing CS tools and user touch points
- Comprehensive knowledge of company end user agreements, privacy policies, Country of sales trading standards, online distant selling regulations etc.
- Responding to enquiries received, helping resolve issues related to Ubuntu One products and services
- Capturing and forwarding issues to appropriate parties within the company when required and documenting resolved cases in a manner useful for future reference
- Assist in development of support systems/tools and processes dealing with complaints, chargebacks and fraud enquiries
- Manage the upkeep of CS systems and information to ensure data quality
- Collaborative approach, ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation and work with colleagues in different time zones
- Cooperate and network with internal (Ubuntu One Tech/Operations, Ubuntu One Marketing, Ubuntu One Project Management) & external (Users, Developers, Partners and Service Providers) functions to solve issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Previous experience managing online communities, forums and direct customer queries. Previous experience handling customer email support
- Language skills both written and oral are essential for this role. Fluency in English is required and additional languages are advantageous.
- Previous experience with online/telecom/ISP customer service, billing and/or cash reconciliation would be an advantage
- Proficient understanding of different operating systems - Ubuntu, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS - online services and technical language. Ability to communicate complex technical issues into user friendly language and offer step by step instructions to help users solve problems.
- Experience with web based tools, plus ability to quickly learn new systems and tools.
- Excellent communicator, ability to stay focused in a high energy environment, great listening skills, ability to handle customers with patience, remaining calm under pressure or when dealing with hostile complaints.
Apply for this position.
To apply please visit http://www.canonical.com/about-canonical/careers