Senior ASP.NET Developer
Posted on: Aug 21
Who We Are
MyFreeImplants.com is the world's first and only crowdfunding website for cosmetic surgery. We helped pioneer the social funding business model while making expensive cosmetic surgery affordable and accessible to anyone with a computer and free time. We have been profitable since first launching in 2005 and have since become the leading player in the emerging revolution of online social funding that challenges the status-quo of traditional financial conglomerates.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who wants to really dig deep, take ownership, and help drive projects to completion—not simply be a code monkey. The right candidate will be someone hungry for a challenge and looking for the opportunity to do great work with great people.
As an experienced ASP.NET developer you will assume the title of Lead Developer and be responsible for both maintaining and building new features for our social-funding web site where thousands of people connect with each other on a daily basis to share photos, exchange messages, chat, play games, etc. We utilize a .NET 4.0/AJAX development environment and need an experienced developer with a solid track record of shipping high-quality consumer web sites and services.
As an experienced developer you have worked on at least one consumer-oriented web site from inception to delivery, maybe you've even worked in the rapidly growing field of social-networking; you are passionate about meeting real consumers' needs through technology; you enjoy working on your own in any environment you choose. And where you can share in the excitement of the startup-like spirit; but at the same time, the benefits of a well-funded, well-established and profitable company aren't lost on you! You want to work for a company where you are empowered to deliver new functionality rapidly to consumers; you like to learn about the latest technologies and constantly dream up new ways to apply them in your work.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Deliver complex .NET 4.0 / MVC / C# / ASP.net solutions, including documentation and unit testing.
- Apply technical processes to solve complex problems.
- Develop quality products and deliver them on schedule.
- Work within an Agile development process.
- 5+ years experience developing consumer-oriented web sites and services
- 3+ years experience with C# and ASP.net MVC
- 2+ years experience with agile development and unit testing methods
- Strong relational database experience including proficiency in T-SQL, stored procedures and database architecture. SQL Server 2005 or later (preferred)
- Comfortable with Windows Server environments and IIS
- Web application security best practices
- Web standards and semantics
- Version control systems (Subversion and/or Git)
- Solid understanding of OO principles
- Must be analytical, adept to problem solving, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people
- Self-starter, willing to get involved and do whatever is needed to get the job done
- Understanding of software development process, including object oriented analysis, design, and implementation.
Working for MyFreeImplants.com
MyFreeImplants.com is a profitable, growing company that is a comprised of a small and nimble team spread across the country that thinks quick, and tries to acts fast on new ideas. As a team member you would be encouraged to provide your own ideas and problem solve with us. You must be a self-starter and self-motivated and able to complete tasks in a timely manner. You would benefit from the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere in the world (as long as you have a reliable Internet connection during work hours) and you can even make your own hours so long as the work is being completed. It's as close to a dream job as possible -- which is why you MUST be a self starter. We offer benefits and a competitive compensation package.
Apply for this position.
1. Write us something to introduce yourself. 2. Closely review the two lists above make sure you have the knowledge and experience we are seeking. We promise not to waste your time, so please don't waste ours. 3. Send us examples of your work and lin