Senior Android Developer
Posted on: Aug 14
Location: Santa Monica, CA
About the Job:
Beachbody LLC is currently looking for an experienced Android developer to help us build our mobile apps. As an Android developer, you will work within our IT organization to design, develop, as well as maintain and enhance our Android applications.
About Your Duties:
- Works closely with the Sr. Technology Manager to develop software solutions based on a given set of requirements.
- Designs, develops, tests and maintains Android applications for Beachbody.
- Ports existing mobile applications to Android.
- Works with project managers and ensures that all project milestones are met.
- Investigates and resolves issues with our applications.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other teams such as QA and Business Analysis.
- Works closely with external teams for ongoing development.
- Provides technical estimates for development efforts.
- Provides solutions to requirements presented by the Business Analysts.
About Your Experience:
- 2+ years industry experience writing mobile applications for Android.
- 4+ years of experience with Java programming.
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs over JSON.
- Experience with multithreaded applications.
- Expert knowledge of Eclipse and SVN.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and at least 4 years experience or equivalent training.
- Experience with agile software development and Scrum in particular.
- iOS development a plus.
- PhoneGap (or similar) experience a plus.
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Apply for this position.