iOS Developers - Build Apps People Love
Posted on: Aug 9
Our 2.5 million members go out a lot--comedy, sports, theatre, concerts. They discover the best things to do in their city through our emails, buy hundreds of thousands of half-price tickets on our website every month. We help them have a great time. Our members love us, and we're going to make apps they love too.
If you're an iOS developer, you're in high demand, but maybe you want more:
- Work on an app with a built-in audience
- Work on a small agile team
- Have influence on the product requirements
- Help out real people like theaters, musicians and comedians
- Work with us to get millions of people to go out more, experience their community and enjoy life
- And then get home at a reasonable time to hangout with your family and friends.
One of the perks of working of working at Goldstar is you get to take your friends and family to some awesome events. What we don't have is a ping pong table, XBox or masseuse. Those things are great and we want you to get home early enough to enjoy them there.
Goldstar's not a start-up, but we're still entrepreneurial. We're an established leader, but still scrappy and innovating. We're profitable, not waiting to hit some mythical milestone to get another round of funding. And eighty employees makes us not too big and not too small and still growing. See this profile on us that 37 Signals did:http://37signals.com/svn/posts/2841-bootstrapped-profitable-proud-goldstar
EXPERIENCE WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- Integration with RESTful json/xml APIs
- Core Data and Core Animation
- Working on a small agile team
ATTRIBUTES OF A GREAT CANDIDATE:
- Attention to detail
- Self starter, able to take direction and execute
- Fantastic Communicator
- Loves shipping software early and often.
- Top of market salaries ($100 - $160k based on experience)
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- 100% paid medical, vision and dental insurance including coverage for spouses and dependents at no additional cost
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Other fun stuff, like Bagel Thursdays, and a work environment our Facebook fans always seem to envy
We have offices in Pasadena, CA and Portland, OR. Relocation is possible, plus we're also open to telecommuters.
MORE ABOUT GOLDSTAR:
Goldstar is the world’s largest online seller of half-price tickets to live theater, concerts, comedy and sports. We execute on our core mission to help people go out more by connecting our more than 2 million members with 5,000 live event producers, including everyone from Major League Baseball to Cirque du Soleil. Currently in 30 U.S. cities, we are expanding rapidly. Founded in 2002, Goldstar is headquartered in Pasadena, CA, and is 100% founder, family and employee owned.
To truly understand Goldstar it may be easier to think about what we’re not. We’re not a secondary ticket broker. We’re also not a ticket exchange or auction site like StubHub. And even though we publish discounts and it’s free to sign-up for our email newsletter, we’re not a daily deals site like Groupon. Think of us as a club where you’re always in the know about local events, tipped off about a cool show, and given access to great deals on tickets. In fact, at Goldstar we like to say that we’re not in the business of finding buyers for our tickets, we’re in the business of finding tickets for our buyers.
HOW TO JOIN US:
Now, it is your turn. Show us what you've built--links to the app store, code, videos, whatever you go. If you've got a resume, blog or twitter we'd like to check that out too, but we are more interested in what you’ve created.
Apply for this position.
Email links, code, videos and/or resume to email@example.com