Posted on: Aug 3
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Chango is looking for an outstanding data mining scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Chango’s business. This person will work with various business managers and executives to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then implement end to end analytical solutions. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary.
Chango has a tremendous amount of data, and we have just scratched the surface in pattern detection, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, and optimization. There are many exciting problems to be discovered and solved and many business owners eager to leverage data mining. We foster a collaborative work environment, but allow solution autonomy on projects.
Chango is a successful, rapidly growing venture backed start-up, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with growing offices in New York and San Francisco. Chango is changing the way advertisers buy display media, allowing advertisers to speak directly to consumers based on their recent searches on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing, among others.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies of 2011 (AdTech IA, Deloitte CTW). We are growing rapidly to meet the needs of our impressive client base, including major, well known retailers and internationally recognized agencies (iCrossing) in the US and Canada.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Conceive and design end to end data mining solutions to support Chango’s existing and new business initiatives.
- Develop and implement data mining solutions to fit business problem, which may include applying algorithms from a standard tool or custom algorithm development.
- Work closely with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless business intelligence solutions for end users.
- Support production data mining solutions.
- Perform ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field.
- Experience applying data mining techniques to real business problems.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver best solution to the problem
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, C++, or similar language
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability and comfort working as part of a team or independently and making key decisions on projects
Apply for this position.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org