Application Developr II - Princeton, NJ
Posted on: Jul 25
As an employee at Novo Nordisk you will have the potential to make a difference to both patients and society. Together we improve treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases. By improving treatment we will not only keep patients healthy and productive, but we also help their families and their communities.
This role requires specific knowledge in designing and developing user interface for on-line applications, database design and SQL, and in configuring and customizing packaged software solutions. In addition this role requires the incumbent to support and enhance existing applications and provides resolution and fixes to bugs. This role has close interaction with business customers, business/systems analysts, and other application developers in the design, development and maintenance of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural and operating standards and requirements.
This position reports to the Manager/Senior Manager, Applications Development. This position interacts with all levels of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Application Developers, Architects and System Engineers as needed.
To Get Started:
• Attends and participates in training programs and skill development programs in order to develop technical skills and expand knowledge of automation technology products and capabilities.
• Breaks down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
• Conducts code reviews of application components developed by other staff for standards adherence, efficiency and use of best practices
• Configures and extends application components within ERP applications
• Configures, extends and customizes application components on ERP and other third party software packages
• Develops data access and data load processes for storing and retrieving data from relational databases and other file systems; Develops data conversion and transformation processes and utilities
• Develops program specifications for application programs and components from the detailed design documents and technical specifications for moderate to highly complex application programs
• Implements application solutions and trains users in order to ensure users are aware of application's critical aspects, capabilities, and proper use.
• Participates in the design and development of application components, GUI functions, reporting functions, interface functions, batch processes, and security functions of applications
• Participates in the full systems development life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software
• Participates in the technical evaluation and selection of new technologies and application software solutions and tools
• Studies and evaluates user problems and operations in order to produce feasibility or scope and objectives reports, functional requirements, and design specifications.
• Tests and debugs computer programs in order to ensure application operates correctly and meets user requirements.
• Writes application programs of moderate to high complexity employing higher level languages and enterprise class application development tools and technologies (examples: Oracle, SQL/PL*SQL, ETL, Visual Basic, .Net, Java, C++, XML, UNIX and Windows Batch scripting) in order to meet user needs
• Installs, builds, configures, extends and customizes applications using BI tools (e.g. OBIEE Administrator/RPD, Answers, Dashboards, BI Publisher, Schedular, etc.)
• Writes/Updates final user, system, and program documentation in order to facilitate system use and future modifications.
•Communicates and consults with the business users and other application development staff and IT staff in providing bug fixes and enhancements to existing application solutions
• Demonstrates an understanding of the applications and business processes they support
• Develops and reports performance measures periodically on the health and operating quality of the application systems
• Implements one or more IT changes, upgrades and releases of application
• Liaises with external IT suppliers and service providers in ensuring the services delivered are at the agreed levels (SLAs)
• Maintains day-to-day system support and development activities of systems and technologies
• Maintains existing application systems and responds to problems in order to ensure the technology solutions remain effective and efficient in meeting the business needs
• Participates in system performance monitoring, product evaluation, and buy vs. build recommendations
• Provides a specialist skill or support role to investigate incidents received from help desk and coordinates resolution and recovery actions for assigned incidents
Key Success Factors:
• A BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
• A minimum of 5+ years of programming/systems analysis experience.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with confidential data sets preferred
• A minimum of 4-5 years of experience building application using Oracle BI(OBIEE) Tools and technologies
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience building applications using ETL technologies like Informatica/Data Stage
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, to design, develop, test, debug, and maintain application programs.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of an application development team
• Knowledge in developing data models and reverse engineering data models
• Knowledge in using relational databases and other file access techniques and tools
• Knowledge of all phases of the project and system development life cycle
• Knowledge of application integration and data integration techniques and tools
• Knowledge of business application areas in pharmaceutical industry.
• Knowledge of computerized file organization, relational databases and access techniques
• Knowledge of computerized problem solving tools
• Knowledge of ERP application components and configuration and customization tools
• Knowledge of high level programming languages and enterprise class application development tools
• Knowledge of operating system facilities
• Knowledge of program documentation procedures
• Knowledge of programmer productivity tools and aids
• Knowledge of structured programming
• Knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques
To Get Started:
Apply for this position.
To Get Started: Join the Novo Nordisk Talent Community and Apply Online today at: http://www.novonordisk-jobs.com/search?q=title:Application%20Developer%20II%20Job&location=&utm_source=37signals&utm_campaign=Novo_AppDevelo