Lead engineers to work at Triggit
Posted on: Jul 24
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are looking for lead engineers to join the Triggit family. We are looking for a full stack Ruby on Rails developer and a senior engineer to work on our ads platform. The ideal candidate is someone who loves coding and is interested in interesting problems. See the full descriptions below.
Senior engineer - Ads platform:
What You'll Do All Day:
- Develop on a rich codebase on a high-volume real-time advertising platform for ad evaluation, bidding, and serving
- Help improve performance and processing time on an ad server that currently handles over 150,000 requests per second
- Develop and implement high performance machine learning algorithms
- Help improve performance and functionality on our internal event processing system
- Many years experience with developing high performance network applications in C/C++ on Linux
- One or more years experience with a scripting language
- A solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- A solid understanding of systems programming and operating system and network fundamentals
- An excellent understanding of performance optimization at scale; experience with where bottlenecks in large distributed systems occur and how to solve them
- Some experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Interest in alternative programming languages
- All Candidates should have strong communication skills, consider themselves a curious high level thinker
Full Stack Ruby on Rails developer:
- A very solid understanding of Ruby. You wield blocks, procs, and lambdas like a pro. You're not afraid of heavy metaprogramming either.
- Many years of Rails experience, preferably dealing with data at scale.
- Very solid understanding of RDBMS (we use Postgres), SQL, and database normalization.
- Experience with jQuery, AJAX, HAML/SLIM, and SASS preferred.
- Experience and desire to work in a BDD environment using RSpec, FactoryGirl, and friends.
- Strong Unix fundamentals and thorough understanding of HTTP and all its intricacies.
- A detail-oriented approach to development.
Apply for this position.
Apply at: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?bj=oKMnWfwz&s=37_Signals