Posted on: Jul 7
Location: New York City
1stdibs.com ~ The Most Beautiful Things on Earth.
1stdibs is the world's largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Barnes & Noble.com, MLB and Twitter.
We need your ideas and passion for good, clean design! Ground floor opportunity for front-end enthusiasts who want to code things The Right Way™. Opportunity to contribute to the design and development of our new site(s). Additional coding to optimize existing site, as necessary.
Some of what you'll do...
- Create highly optimized code
- Leverage best practices to create modularized reusable code
- Embrace OO front end architecture
- Understand and love responsive design
- Embrace jQuery and AJAX
- Work with our fantastic Product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay and Zappos
About you ...
- Experience developing code for high-traffic web sites
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain performance bottlenecks
- Not afraid of starting with a blank canvas
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome ˘
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you everyday
- Experience developing consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment a plus
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art and jewelry always welcomeYour participation in the larger Developer Community is strongly supported and encouraged!
**Perks include: Art gallery events, well-stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches, loft style office space in NYC's Flatiron district, & all the fun of a startup baked into an already successful business.
Apply for this position.
One way to start the conversation is to send us your resume. It's direct and takes 30 seconds. Link: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=ohOtWfwe&s=37_Signals_Posting Or, call/email me (Mark Israel) at 917-715-1031 or mark.israel (at) 1stdibs (dot) com.