Video Analytics Software Engineer
Posted on: Jul 11
Master’s Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent is required.
0-1 years in post graduate work experiences
Department Description:Motorola Solutions’ Advanced Technology / Research group is creating next-generation solutions for police, fire, retailer, and logistics customer problems based on emerging technologies. Problems like making police officers safer by detecting trouble before it even starts and helping store managers improve their store operations and better serve their customers. The team focuses on developing and applying analytics technology in innovative proof-of-concept prototypes to solve real-world problems and enable new business opportunities. The team's expertise includes computer vision, machine learning, audio analytics, big data analytics platforms, cloud computing, and mobile applications.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
• Contribute to the development of proof-of-concept prototype systems using video/image analytics technology.
• Contribute to the development of video/image analytics and processing algorithms, develop efficient software implementations of the algorithms, run simulations to evaluate performance, and refine the methods.
• Generate patent disclosures covering the system solutions and the underlying methods.
• Present results and demonstrations at internal meetings and meetings with customers.
• Enthusiasm for solving complex problems.
• Extensive C++ and/or Java programming experience and strong object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns.
• Mastery of at least one scripting language such as Perl, Python, or Ruby.
• Significant software development experience, including use of software development tools and version control in Unix/Linux and/or Windows environments.
• Application programming experience on Android mobile platforms.
• Development experience on embedded platforms and single board computers (e.g. PandaBoard) is a plus.
• DSP and/or GPU programming experience on embedded platforms is a plus.
• Experience deploying video/image processing applications in live systems a plus.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following areas is desirable: video/image processing, computer vision, machine learning, data mining, and pattern recognition.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills, creativity, productivity, and learning agility
Apply for this position.