Web Applications SW Director - Ruby-on-Rails
Posted on: Jul 7
Location: Emeryville, California
We’re growing and this is a new position!
Aspera enables very hi-speed data and file transfers (Cloud/Big Data) to everyone! Our client list is impressive, including the top media and entertainment co.’s., Fortune 500’s, Life Sciences, (Even working with China on a Genome project)…
We are interested in those of you who have championed a highly successful product, who know how to motivate and lead a team of super bright engineers, and who understand our technology.
Our team creates Ruby on Rails file collaboration based on Aspera’s patented technology and highly successful data transport core products. The teams work is a combination of proprietary and open source software. You will need to be a strong technical architect, web application designer and coder while also possessing superior team leadership skills and the ability to coordinate well with other business and technical teams. We will look to you to organize and mentor our team for technical excellence, agility and successful delivery in the midst of market realities including competing priorities and deadlines.
We will ask you to focus on creating a superior user experience and has a demonstrable mastery of the low-level, high-performance development skills needed to create web applications with distributed, highly scalable architectures, in combination with natural leadership and mentoring talent.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent architecture, design and software development skills with proven experience in building commercial end user facing applications
- Proven record in designing distributed, multi-component frameworks with comprehensive programming APIs and well-specified protocols, including web-services paradigms (REST)
- Good knowledge of modern open source frameworks in the area of high-performance storage and communications
- Team building, mentoring, project and deliverable management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a highly dynamic start-up environment
- BSc (MSc preferred) degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years experience in software development with at least 3 of them in a team leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical peers in software development from product inception through shipment
- Proven success building multi-user products for collaboration and/or network management
- Demonstrable ability to conceive user-centric interfaces for new products that are highly intuitive and aesthetic
- Prior leadership of open source projects highly desirable (submit your Google code or github profile!)
Position Type - Full-Time/Regular
Aspera’s fasp™ transport technology is an emerging standard for the high-speed movement of large files or large collections of files over wide area networks (WANs). Hollywood studios, major broadcasters, telecommunications operators, sports leagues, life sciences organizations, government agencies and Fortune 500 corporations rely on Aspera software for the business or mission-critical transport of their most valuable digital assets – some of them moving in excess of one terabyte per day over their WAN infrastructure.
Explore the complete range of functionality ofAspera'shigh-performance file transfer environment by downloading the new fasp™ technology datasheet (PDF).
Apply for this position.
Please send your resume to Laurie@asperasoft.com